Vasion, formerly PrinterLogic, is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our growing team, and that exemplifies our core values.
Our Core Values:
- Action Owners, with key learnings drawn from Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Truth Seekers, illustrated in Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- People Builders, as detailed in Leadership and Self-deception by The Arbinger Institute
- Storytellers, guided by ideas from Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
The Role of the Systems Engineer (SE):
You will be the primary technical resource for new sales. You will also have responsibility for post-sales, partner, and professional services implementations. The selected candidate is responsible for actively driving sales and managing the technology implementation of our software. The SE will provide a broad range of expertise to analyze, propose change and determine its effectiveness from the perspective of the customer. At each phase, the candidate must be able to identify and remove technical barriers implementing the software. The candidate must be able to articulate the technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the implementation cycle and promote customer satisfaction.
SE responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Customer requirements gathering.
- Give technical product expertise and recommendations to customers and partners while developing the role as a trusted technical advisor.
- Install and ensure excellent customer experience with Proof Of Concepts (POC), quickly and effectively overcoming any technical barriers encountered along the way.
- Teamwork and collaboration with Professional Services, Systems Integration, Sales, Engineering, Support, Product Management, and Customer Success to effectively coordinate project execution and completion hand-off.
- Prompt, concise, and friendly communications providing high quality service and leadership to align with customer goals and requests.
- Make recommendations and provide guidance to produce high quality documentation.
- Top quality customer service.
Ideal Qualities of the Vasion SE:
- An enthusiastic person who loves working in an entrepreneurial environment with smart, talented, and passionate individuals who just happen to make and sell amazing software.
- Have a strong desire to succeed by owning the entire sales lifecycle, from demo to trial to close, as well as driving post-sales activities from product purchase to SOW deliverance.
- Adept at multitasking to achieve individual, team and organizational goals.
- Practiced at public speaking, delivering presentations and product installation.
- Ability to Listen, Understand, Adapt, and Articulate:
- Listen to the customer tell their story
- Understand the challenges the customer faces
- Adapt messaging to identify solutions
- Articulate a winning game plan to the customer
Desired Technical Skills
- Understanding of LANs, VLANs, SaaS and WANs
- Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Working knowledge of VDI (Citrix, VMware, ESXi, Hyper-V, IGEL & Google Cloud Platform)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, LDAP
- Working knowledge of Idp (Okta, Azure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of applications deployment using GPO, SCCM, or others
- Microsoft Office Suite, html basics, basic scripting, website administration, and IIS
- Mastery of one or more client operating systems: Microsoft (7, 8, 10), Apple OSX (10.14 - 11), Chromebooks, Linux Ubuntu, RedHat, IGEL
- Salesforce, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven experience interfacing with professional level management.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment on large scale deals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop client relationships.
- Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- HS diploma: Associates/Bachelors preferred
- 2+ years of related Microsoft IT desktop support experience
- 2+ years Network/LAN/System administration experience
- 2+ years Customer Service
- One or more Industry certifications: MCSE, MCTS, MCSA, MCP, Novell CNE, VMWare VCA, Apple ACDP, Novell CNE, CompTIA Network+, and/or Security+
Benefits & Compensation:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans with company contributions (HDHP, PPO)
- Generous flexible time off program
- Company HSA contribution
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance/Long Term Disability
- Market-based compensation based on experience, skill level, and personal abilities
- Rapidly growing tech company with family-oriented work atmosphere
- Scaling organization allowing for numerous career paths and opportunities
- Casual dress/Atmosphere
Note: Remote work available.
Vasion is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics.