Vasion, formerly PrinterLogic, is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our growing team, and that exemplifies our core values.
Our Core Values:
- Action Owners, with key learnings drawn from Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- Truth Seekers, illustrated in Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- People Builders, as detailed in Leadership and Self-deception by The Arbinger Institute
- Storytellers, guided by ideas from Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
We’re looking for an experienced manager who can say:
- I have managed people before. I’ve had the privilege of hiring, the task of letting people go when we're not a fit for each other, and have had difficult conversations that address behavior and performance issues. I have built strong teams by mentoring and encouraging leadership within the team.
- I have delivered commercial software. I’ve dealt with the challenges of releases, versions, build pipelines, teams, customer bugs, feature development, on-going maintenance, and I’ve worked with other departments to deliver it.
- I understand and appreciate the need for sound architecture. My experience has enabled me to inform development with a future-looking view, while still maintaining an agile approach.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with product managers, as well as marketing and support to develop and prioritize product backlog.
- Identify and develop plans with technical leads for needed architectural improvements to ensure the delivery of high quality, sustainable solutions.
- Identify and develop plans for continuous process improvements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects; communicating progress, setting expectations and delivering on schedule.
- Direct the research and explore new technologies and suggest how, when and where the techniques can be used.
- Mentor and grow engineers in skills, communication and development process.
- Communicate well with product managers, customer support, and other development managers.
- Coordinate the building of platform architecture with well-managed interfaces and elegant user experience.
- Promote established standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
- Foster innovation and IP creation for all technologies.
- Analyze system infrastructure, functional and performance requirements to support design architectures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent technical degree or experience. (M.S. Degree preferred).
- A track record of 8+ years of software product development experience (enterprise preferred) and 5+ years product management experience with delivering cloud based, web stack products.
- Experience implementing agile development methodologies, specifically SCRUM. Scrum master certification a plus.
- Experience w/ 5-9s uptime infrastructure complexities
- Experience w/ object oriented coding, web technologies, web services, rules engines, compiler languages/parsing, performance and scalability
- Experience w/ designing and implementing hosted solutions
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and a capacity for attending to details
- Extensive knowledge of development principles, methods, and processes.
- Proficient with problem-solving skills.
- Must work well with others.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Self-starter, able to work productively with little supervision
- Past experience in a fast-paced high-tech company is a plus
Vasion is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics.